Sunday, October 19, 2008

Promise I'm not a greedy person......

Ok, so with this Gestational Diabetes, I've been making a list of things that people "NEED" to bring me at the hospital to make me a happier person!!!! Most of these things are simple, yet I can not have due to the diabetes which I'm still in denial about! I've only had 1 high reading and that was on my birthday for pete's sake!!!!! Which yes, I am celebrating again, bc I didn't even get to eat anything!!!I had 1 cookie and that made me go over. Gimme' a break!
1) A COKE!!!!LARGE
2)Cereal-don't even care what kind, big bowl
3)Ice cream-don't care what kind of this either, again, big bowl
4) Cheeseburger and fries (like the only thing I was craving and they took that away!Jerks!)
5) Hot Caramel Apple Cider-starbucks-I'll take generic too
6) Halloween Candy-maybe childish but you can't tell me you don't sneak a piece of your kids!!?
7) Pasta-again, don't care what kind. Even spaghetti, lasagna, whatever!
I know I'll have more to post on this when they keep adding to the list of what I can/can't have!
I go back to both diabetes dr and obgyn on the 29th so I'll be asking many many questions. ...Does this mean I can deliver earlier? Do I really have this or was I just starting to gain weight and you all were thinking about me and what I'd look like after 2 kids??? How soon after delivery can I have a coke??? Exactly how "fat" is Molly going to be??? Should I go ahead and take all the 0-3 month outfits back to consignment? (Turner was almost 10 lbs and we totally skipped that size with him) Can I stop stabbing myself yet? I'm sorry that my family hates you bc I am the cook and they are now on the same diet... oh wait, that wasn't a question.....sorry.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds rough - I loved my 1 Coke a day while pregnant. I like your list - makes me hungry to read it. Only 2 months (or less) to go until she's here! I do know that gestational diabetes often results in large babies...don't know what that means in your case - Turner was huge! Weren't you close to having gest. diabetes with Turner??? Is Molly her official name? My co-worker has a little girl named Marley :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Molly is the official name. Thats funny. Johnny really liked Marleigh. but with my niece being named Carly it was way too close! Yes Turner was almost 10 lbs and thats why when I go on the 29th I'm asking for a new C-section date!!! Failed the first test with Turner and passed the 2nd.With Molly I failed both miserably. How's Andrew?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. That sounds awful. They thought I had it, but I passed the second test. I will pray for you and tell Johnny to have the cokes, and sweets ready after delivery!

    ReplyDelete