Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Happy Fall Y'all part 2

Ok...so we get up to the Smokey's National Park and we're headed to Cades Cove, then we come upon a huge traffic jam; and of course that's when I realize that I don't have enough gas to sit in this traffic jam then go all the way through the loop in Cades Cove...so we sit for a few more minutes and I realized this isn't gonna work with me and two kids and no gas! And a u turn it is and so we had our picnic at a little scenic overlook and had a picnic... Midway through our picnic is when a family walks up and says "did you see those little bear cubs just right down the road?" I responded " um..no!" so she goes on to say that the mom was real close to where we are but then they lost sight of her but the babies are just right down the road. So I took a picture of Turner's face and we jumped in the car and finished our picnic in the car!!! well, I got just a few decent photos but may try again this weekend!






2 comments:

  1. How funny! That is what you call making the best of things!
    Amanda Reckard

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have been freaking out! I would have gone to the car too. I am super afraid of bears in the woods! My sister was invaded by a bear on a picnic once.... It came right up on them... they quickly walked to their car.... the bear sat down on her blanket and ate their food. NO JOKE! There were people standing by watching and taking pix, but her camera was with the bear! But someone mailed her pix.... CRAZY

    ReplyDelete